Monday, August 19, 2013

Busy...Busy...Busy...How do we keep it all in order?

Recently another mom I know told me she had gone to the doctor and when snippily asked for her job title and place of work she told them she was Super Mom and she worked at the nuthouse. They didn't think her candor too funny and demanded a serious answer. The receptionist told her for an accurate exam of her stress level, they needed an accurate answer. She replied, "Well then, to describe my stress level, that is a very accurate answer."

I thought my friend was pretty funny. Being mom sometimes feels that way, at least for me. How about you?

As a busy wife/mom/author sometimes I wonder how I'm going to accomplish everything I need to do to stay on top of everything. Whether it is remembering to put my husband's clothes in the dryer, getting my daughter's backpack ready for school, or jotting down that really good plot I just thought of before I forget it; I'm bound to not get at least one of those done. Unfortunately for my husband, his clothes have been left wet in the washer a few mornings as I finished the last touches on Under the Harvest Moon. And as school just started here, it seems my life only got more hectic.

In the last weeks, I've found that keeping a planner and setting alarms on my phone to remind me when certain things need to be done have come in rather handy. How about you? Whether you are a mom or not, how do you keep your life in order as a busy woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment